Links, games, videos
Thanks to Fred, Gloria, Kenneth, Elaine, Taurus, and others who have sent me interesting links.
- A touching short video of a soldier greeted by his dogs when he returns from 14 months in Iraq.
- The Kandovan Cave Homes of northern Iran are a bit like Hobbit holes.
- For my Nebraska readers, an interesting book -- Pioneer Doctors of Brown County, Nebraska by Dr. G. O. Remy.
- On Veterans Day, all military personnel (current or former) are invited to a free meal at Golden Corral and Applebees. Bring proof of military service.
- Apple Picking Time -- Can you get half the apples in the pail? If so, you are quicker than I am!
- The Bear-- A 4-minute wildlife video with a surprise ending by Jean-Jacques Annaud. Well worth watching.
- States of the USA puzzle -- Do you really know where the 50 states are located?
- A page of info about the types and colors of buckskin used by American Indians and frontiersmen.
- Beautiful examples of memory jugs and some information about their making.
- Circle the cat game -- it hasn't got any easier since the last time someone sent me the link!
- Test your reaction time. You might be faster than you think -- or maybe not.