Friday, January 01, 2010

Christmas Eve Weather

High winds in Hopkinsville




We didn't get any snow or ice in Hopkinsville, KY, from the big Christmas blizzard, but we did have strong winds as the front passed west of here. I took this photo about 3:30 in the afternoon on Christmas Eve.

The three flags are, left to right, Woodmen of the World, Commonwealth of Kentucky, and United States of America. (I think the Kentucky flag appears higher only because of my viewpoint.)

I was freezing as I took this photo. The wind cut right through my coat!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.