Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Best Wishes for a Happy Christmas

And a healthy and prosperous New Year!


Dear friends,

It's Christmas, whether or not the preparations are complete. What a relief!

For me, it's been a very busy season. I'm tired and a little frazzled, but I'm looking forward to attending a Christmas church service, exchanging gifts, cooking a nice family dinner, and then a quiet Christmas afternoon of conversation, movies, and games.

And there will be sweet memories of dear family members and friends and the Christmas celebrations of other years. How could we ever forget them?

When I look back at the last year, one of the highlights for me has been Prairie Bluestem and its readers. I've enjoyed your comments and e-mails.

I've known some of you for many years, and I've only recently met some of you through the blog. Old friend or new, I appreciate your company as we go down the road.

May God bless you this Christmas. As Tiny Tim put it, "God bless us every one!"

Genevieve

You might enjoy the Christmas series I wrote a few years ago: Ghosts of Christmas Past.

6 comments:

Larry said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Genevieve!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing. Merry Christmas.

Angie said...

I hope that your Christmas was very special.

Hugs,
Angie

Genevieve Netz said...

We did have a good Christmas. The kids were here for the whole day. Their long-time friend, Philip, came over and we played board games for hours. It was fun.

winecountrydog said...

G, I hope you had good howlidays and put that noro nasty way behind. Dog-ma seconds this.

My big news: I'm ending the year running & jumping almost like a puppy. Miracles never cease.

All the goshdog best wishes fur your New Year. ~Tilin Corgi ^..^

Genevieve Netz said...

I'm glad you're feeling so frisky, Tilin. Happy New Year to you too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.