Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sonic of Hopkinsville

Space-age drive-in on the Boulevard


Sonic Drive-in on Fort Campbell Blvd., Hopkinsville, KY

I enjoy the 1950s-futuristic look of our Sonic Drive-in. I think George Jetson could fly his little space car into a parking place at Sonic, and it would be so totally in sync with the architecture that no one would give him a second look.

Our Sonic has Happy Hour from 2 PM. until 4 PM. When I work mornings, I sometimes go to Sonic after work and treat myself to a Route 44 (extra large) Diet Limeade for half price. They're good, and I like them even better after learning that the Route 44 Lime Slush has (gasp!) 680 calories in it, but the same size of Diet Limeade has only 16 calories.

2 comments:

Annalee said...

I love Sonic! I've never been to one until I moved out here (Tennessee) 4 months ago. I love how at some of them they will skate right up to your car with your order in hand.

Genevieve Netz said...

Welcome to the Upper South, Annalee, and thanks for visiting my blog.

I would never be able to skate while carrying an order! I give the Sonic skaters tons of respect for that! I don't think I've ever seen a skater at our Sonic, but I have seen them elsewhere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.