Sunday, December 09, 2007

Foggy Night in Hopkinsville, KY

Dense fog blankets the area



Night fog scene

When I got off work this evening, I was shocked at how foggy it was. Visibility was limited, to say the least. Hopkinsville seemed unfamiliar with the usual expanse of stores and lights hidden.

I pulled over at K-Mart's entrance on Fort Campbell Boulevard and snapped the above photo, looking south. I like the way the picture looks, but I promise that it doesn't begin to show how dense the fog is.

Driving home on the main highway wasn't too bad. I was able to go 45-50 mph.

But when I turned onto the blacktop county road, there were no more painted lines or embedded reflectors on the road to guide me.

I drove slowly and steered the car by watching where the asphalt meets the grass at the road's edge. It almost made me dizzy. I was glad to get home at last.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey G,
Thanks for your most recent stop & comment on my cat pix :) I like this photo and I would like also to have your permission to frame it and adjust it somewhat. Then post it on my site but only with your final approval? This is just a fun thing so no answer means just that! Your photos? are getting... well, much BETTER!!! Good Health in 2008, ~(:-_))-kfh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.