Sunday, January 06, 2008

Someone Else's Grocery List

A carefree eater goes shopping.


I stopped at Kroger tonight after work to pick up a few groceries. The last shopper's list was lying in the bottom of the shopping cart, so I picked it up and read it. Here it is -- just five items.

  • 6 bananas
  • 1 lb. bacon
  • 1 doz. eggs
  • 1 crispy c. donuts
  • beer bratwurst

This list suggests to me that its author keeps donuts in the house regularly, just like bacon, eggs, and bananas. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts as a staple of life! What a concept!

Related: Friday Donuts

5 comments:

Michael Leddy said...

Genevieve, you had Homer Simpson's shopping cart!

Collagemama said...

When my kids were young we ate lots of donuts, I'm embarrassed to admit. I did have a rule that sprinkle donuts could only be eaten at the donut shop. What a mess they make!

Krispy Kreme donuts are like injecting sugar straight into my veins. What a fun collection you could make of other people's grocery lists!

ptg said...

The previous shopper must have been on the Stick to your Arteries diet.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a police station's breakfast menu to me :)

stephanie said...

I echo what ptg said. Yikes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.