Friday, May 23, 2008

1966 Chevrolet Impala SS Convertible

'66 Chevy Impala Super Sport



1966 Impala Convertible

After I got off work this evening, I went to Godfather's Pizza to eat with Keely, Taurus, and Annie (Keely's friend.) As we were standing in front of the restaurant later, a very well-kept (or nicely restored) Chevy Impala convertible pulled in. Two men and two children got out. They looked like a grandfather, a dad, and two grandkids. I asked the guys if I could take some photos of their car. They seemed pleased.

1966 Impala Convertible
All the boys wanted a cool car like this when I was in high school. I suspect that a lot of guys my age still would like to have this car! (Just a hunch.)

1966 Impala Convertible1966 Impala Convertible



Taurus mentioned that this Impala is somewhat unusual because it is a two-door. "Quick, Taurus," Keely said. "What year is it?" "'65 or '66," he answered. He was right. After checking some photos online, I decided that it is not a '65 but it definitely looks like a '66.

1966 Impala Convertible1966 Impala Convertible

1966 Impala Convertible


Related: Chevrolet Impala article on Wikipedia

13 comments:

ptg said...

I'd be happy to buy gas for this classic beauty!

Genevieve Netz said...

Classic is right. Forty-plus years later, it's still a great car to cruise Main in. :)

With the top down, the length of the car is really accentuated.

Anonymous said...

My dad has a 1966 Impala, and it looks very much like this one, but a different color. 1966 was the first year they introduced the rectangular headlights. My parents LOVE it when people ask them about the car, and I'm sure you made those guy's day!

Genevieve Netz said...

It would be sad indeed if you were driving a very cool car like this, with immaculate detailing, and no one ever noticed.

Anonymous said...

my name is jared and i'm from Osoyoos British Columbia, and i also have this same car, a 66 chev impala ss convertible red on red with a white top. mine has the original 327. They are a lot of fun to cruise!!!

Genevieve Netz said...

Jared, I guess you know that a lot of people are a little jealous of your car.

Anonymous said...

hi there im Adrian Lorence im from mexico DF and i also have one impala 66 convertible i loves my dads car and its nice to hace the same car in important thing is that on mexico the car has to have the circular stops but i have the american one with the rectangular stops so its kind of weird here in mexico to have one like this

Genevieve Netz said...

Hi, Adrian. Congratulations on owning a great American classic car!

Anonymous said...

i also have a 66SS327 and my tail lights are a little different,mine is red with tan interior.i am the second and till death the last owner

Genevieve Netz said...

I admire your passion, Anonymous. The car doesn't know how lucky it is!

Anonymous said...

I like the car too. I've had 3 66s now down to two. I have a Lemmonwood Yellow, black interior, black convert top, 61 k mi 66 Impala SS 396, TH400, AC, ps pb with the gage package (numbers match). I enjoy taking her out on nice days, with a good tail wind she'll get 16mpg. I Love To Cruse.
Baby Pic
http://www.hotrodders.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/23012/cat/3326/page/1

Anonymous said...

sweet 66, take care of it, I have a white one,with a white convertible top,with a 396 also, black interior.
Randy
From< Maryland

Anonymous said...

Seattle ! Super sport Red on red rag top 396 !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.