Figures of speech, related to sewing and needlework
|"Lise Sewing" by Renoir, Dallas Museum of Art|
1. Revolution is part of the fabric of South American history.
2. The room was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.
3. The peace accords are unraveling.
4. The contract is all sewed up.
5. The partnership is coming apart at the seams.
6. He needled his wife about her driving.
7. I'm tired, and my nerves are frayed.
8. He looks a bit frayed around the edges.
9. Her jokes had me in stitches.
10. That story's made out of whole cloth.
11. The two boys are cut from the same cloth.
12. This deal is hanging by a thread.
13. Finding his homework in his room was like looking for a needle in a haystack.
If you have a sewing or needlework idiom, please add it in the comments!