Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Dot Com

Kids say the darnedest things.



At work tonight, I struck up a conversation with a little girl who was waiting for her mama to finish shopping. She was about three years old. "I like that worm," I said, referring to her stuffed animal. She corrected me -- "He's a snake!" -- and showed me his red forked tongue.

"He's not a Webkinz," she informed me. "My sister has a Webkinz snake. She goes on the..." (Here, a short pause for word-finding.) "She goes on the Dot Com and plays a game with him."

She couldn't have been more correct. The Webkinz website is definitely a Dot Com. I'm glad Webkinz hadn't been invented yet when my kids were little.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My boys don't have Webkinz. And they probably won't, either.

But I was completely caught off guard the other day when we found that turtle and when I suggested we look up and see what turtles eat, Drew said "Ok, Mom! We can look it up on Wikipedia!"

Ha.

Genevieve Netz said...

Hi, Alissa. Yes, it's a new world. Most in your sons' generation will grow up with the internet in their homes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.