Saturday, November 18, 2006

Black, The New Christmas Tree Color

Some Interesting News... And What I Think About It...



Black Christmas treeI know I'm on the dull, safe side, not on the cutting edge, but I was surprised today. Apparently, the latest color for Christmas trees is black.

I read it in the news. It must be so. I did a Google search for "black Christmas tree" and it is so, indeed.

I don't care if someone wants a black tree. Black is no more a fake color than gold or silver or white. I remain a traditionalist, though. My artificial Christmas tree is green and it's going to stay that way. Wink

Technorati tags:


5 comments:

rkfinnell said...

Black-interesting. I'd put up a black Christmas tree just to get a reaction.

Anonymous said...

It's the same over here. We've had black ones for a while, but there are definitely more this year - me I'm sticking with a real green one.

Neurotic Mom said...

I'm with you on that, a tree should be green not any other color.

Peggi Meyer Graminski said...

I must be old-fashioned but I think a black Christmas tree is totally unappealing...not that I don't like black (I have enough black clothes LOL), but it just doesn't seem right...rubs me the wrong way...I know for a fact I'll never buy one.....

Anonymous said...

I have had a black tree since 1992. I didn't feel like putting a tree up after my father died but, I found a black one and put white lights and all white bubble lights and white ornaments on it. A friend made me a black nativity for under my tree and when you walk in it is breath taking!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.