Saturday, November 25, 2006

Not Jackson Pollock

And What I Think About It...



Not by Pollock
At jacksonpollock.org, you too can make a quick Jackson Pollock-ish image like this. It's a good way to waste a few minutes or more. To copy your image, hold down the CTRL key and press "Print Screen". It will be copied to your clipboard and you can paste it wherever you want it.

Isaac said the one above wasn't random enough. So I made the one below with my eyes closed. It's really not random, either. It's hard to be deliberately random. It's also hard to know when you're finished. I guess Jackson Pollock overcame little difficulties like these and that's what made him a great abstract artist.

After looking at several Jackson Pollock images, I can see that he wouldn't have been finished with them nearly as quickly as I was.

Not by Pollock

"When I am in my painting, I'm not aware of what I'm doing. It is only after a sort of "get acquainted" period that I see what I have been about. I have no fears about making changes, destroying the image, etc., because the painting has a life of its own. I try to let it come through. It is only when I lose contact with the painting that the result is a mess. Otherwise there is pure harmony, an easy give and take, and the painting comes out well." Jackson Pollock, 1912-1956



Technorati tags:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.