Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Palettes I've Collected

My Various Hobbies...



Usually, I don't find any interesting $1.00 books in the Dollar Tree, but I did find one once. It was The Perfect Palette by Bonnie Rosser Krims. At the time, I was repainting my bedroom, the hallway, one of the bathrooms, the kitchen, etc., so it was interesting to look through the various color combinations in the book and imagine them in my home.

Each of her palettes has three colors. Some of the palettes in the book are illustrated with photographs of a room done in those colors. Other palettes are illustrated with paintings that contain those colors.

Since then, I've collected various tearsheets, scraps, etc. of color combinations that I like and tucked them into the Perfect Palette book. The palettes below are taken from them.

If I were ever going to actually use them in a room, I suppose I'd have to refine them a little. Meanwhile, collecting a new palette every now and then is another of my odd but cheap and harmless hobbies.



PaleteFrom a photo of a flowering vine against the sky




PaletteFrom a gift bag




PaletteFrom a photo of a grapevine
on the front of the church bulletin




PaletteFrom a painting of iris in a magazine ad




PaletteFrom a magazine ad for carpets




PaletteFrom a scrap of cloth




Recently, I added a Palette Grabber extension to my Firefox web browser, so when I see a set of colors online that I like, I can collect and save the palatte. Apparently, I'm not the only person in the world with this curious interest.

Technorati tags:


2 comments:

Just Suzanne said...

I love looking at new color schemes! I am one of those people who buys the grocery store magazines with all these grand designs and imagines them on my walls. However, that's usually as far as it gets. Though I did one time buy those sample paints you can get at Home Depot -- just enough to try on your wall to see how it looks. I still need to get that on an actual wall, though.

Genevieve Netz said...

Ah yes, paint. I guess I didn't mention the many paint chips I have tucked into this book as well. It's a lot less work if you just collect the color schemes and enjoy them without trying to impose them on a room. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.