Blogs and Blogging... And What I Think About It...
I made my first post to Prairie Bluestem on January 6, 2006. A full year has gone by now, and as you can see on the graph, I don't post to my blog nearly as much now as I did for a while. I just don't have as much time now. In fact, that is a graph of my free time.
Some might say that if I were to add up the hours I've spent on the blog, I'd be shocked at the time I've invested. That's probably true, but it hasn't been a total waste. Here's a short list of why Prairie Bluestem has been a worthwhile hobby:
- I've recorded some family stories that I want my children and grandchildren to know.
- I've met some nice people through the blog.
- I've improved my writing and organizational skills.
- I've learned a lot about basic photo editing.
- I've contributed to the body of information available on the internet.
- I've learned some XTML tags and improved my knowledge of CSS.
To all my readers of the past year, thank you for visiting, and thanks for the conversation, contributions and encouragement in your comments.