Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Seen on Long Pond Road

Life in Christian County, Kentucky...



Long Pond Road

I assume that this is the Long Pond that Long Pond Road is named for, but I don't know for sure. At any rate, it was looking beautiful in the morning light, so I stopped on the bridge, got out of my car, and snapped this photo. Traffic on Long Pond Road is just occasional and it's traveled by as many farm vehicles and Amish buggies as cars and trucks, so it's possible to do things like that.

4 comments:

Sarabeth said...

Lovely

Spoke said...

It looks as though a ripple on the water has yet to happen. Hussssshhhh

heelers said...

Glories of creation.
J

Genevieve Netz said...

I drove by this pond when we went to pick up the new kitten, and if I hadn't had Isaac and the kitten, I'd have stopped then and photographed it. I think the trees had more of their leaves and were brighter in color. That being said, I do agree that this scene is beautiful. I was just the camera-aimer -- the beauty was a blessing from God, and the internet makes it easy to share it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.