Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Trick or Treaters

Fun with costumes!



Costume

With all the intense politics going on right now, both locally and nationally, it's a relief to indulge in some Halloween silliness. Our only "trick-or-treaters" tonight were our 80-year-old neighbor who was costumed as a white bird of unknown species and her daughter who was the designated driver, thank goodness. I don't think Miss M. could see very well through her mask.

I should explain that we live about ten miles out of town and a quarter-mile off the highway. We never get trick-or-treaters here, but we always buy some candy just in case. Or at least, that's our excuse for buying some candy.

3 comments:

Peggi Meyer Graminski said...

Yes, I agree with Chronicler - I think she looks adorable. So glad she got to go trick-or-treating - a youthful soul!!!

Wrkinprogress said...

Genevieve, one of the many things I like about you is your ability to see the good in life, even if it's just a little glimpse. Thank you so much for providing sometimes much-needed perspective for those of us lucky enough to have discovered your blog. My question, though, is: when do you publish??? :) I'm ready to stand in line to have your book autographed at my local indie bookstore. ;)

How's that for incentive???

Genevieve Netz said...

Yes, Miss Margie is a very young 80-year-old, and even her appearance hasn't kept up with her years. She could probably pass for 60.

WIP, you are a good motivator. To write a book, I would have to set up my computer in the shed so I could have some peace and quiet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.