Monday, July 10, 2006

Old Homesite

Life in Christian County, Kentucky... History and Old Stuff...



Old barn

The barn is still standing, but across the road, only the trees are left at the old homesite.

Old homesite
These photos were taken in Todd County, Kentucky, about 15 miles southeast of our home. I decided to use sepia toning to give them an old-fashioned look as Rich Legg of Leggnet's Daily Capture often does. I like the effect a little better on the trees than on the barn.

Technorati tags:


5 comments:

Runawayimagination said...

Very interesting! You inspired me to make my own post of old barns we saw on our recent trip to Russellville.

heelers said...

The sepia works wonders.
Poignant and evocative.
James

Genevieve Netz said...

Thanks, guys.

In truth, that was some of the easiest "Photoshopping" I've ever done.

Actually, I usually use Paint Shop Pro, even though I have Photoshop. I have had Paint Shop Pro ever since I had a computer, and it's such a good old friend that I can't abandon it.

LeggNet said...

Nice work Genevieve, you've done well with these.

Rich

Genevieve Netz said...

I consider that high praise! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.