Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Summer Evening

All In The Family...



I came across the following in some old e-mail as I was looking for something else. I wrote this in July of 2001.

This evening, the kids and I went for our walk and then I bounced on the trampoline with them. I am not sure how we ended up just lying on it, but it was so peaceful. The air was cool and the bugs didn't find us. Directly overhead in the mimosa tree's blossoms, the hummingbirds were flitting around. Lying there, we could look straight up through the branches and see them zipping along from blossom to blossom. They like the very top of the tree best. The kids and I had a good talk about nothing in particular and laughed at a lot of silly stuff. What a pleasant and wonderfully lazy way to spend an hour on a summer evening.

It made me think how much I miss having Keely home this summer!

Technorati tags:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.