Sunday, July 30, 2006

Offline A Few Days

Blogs and Blogging...



I'm going to be offline a few days this week while my computer is in the shop. Its cardreader has stopped working at 1-1/2 years and it's supposed to be warranted for 3 years.

PiracyAlso, Windows has been displaying a persistent message that my copy of Windows is not valid and I might be a victim of software piracy, blah, blah, blah. I think that the guy that built my computer should fix the problem.

When I get the computer back, I'll have a lot of catching up to do. I am hoping it might be done by Wednesday or Thursday.

I may feel inspired and post something tomorrow morning, but when I disappear in the afternoon and am gone for several days, you'll know why. If my internet withdrawal grows too severe before I have my computer again, there's always the public library, I suppose.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I suppose a computer has become a little like a spouse - can't live with 'em and you can't live without 'em. At least you can take a computer to a shop to get fixed. :) Don't stay away too long.

Genevieve Netz said...

You have a point there, Limey. I was thinking about all the things I would have fixed with my husband if I could put him in the shop, and then I thought about how he'd probably do the same to me, and who knows what all he'd want done?!

Christopher Newton said...

Actually, public libraries are one of the few islands of sanity left in this mad universe. How they manage to struggle on I don't know, but I'm grateful.
In my travels I have found more and more libraries offering free wireless internet. It's lovely to enter one of these sanctuaries of learning and thought, plug in my laptop, and blog away - with no time limits imposed on my, ahem, creativity.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy your days of blogging freedom. May you turn a somersault for joy!

Trixie said...

I hope you're back online soon!

Runawayimagination said...

Missing you already! Looking forward to your return.

Genevieve Netz said...

Well, I'm at the --guess what-- public library! I had to check the e-mail and it's a good thing I did, too. I'm hoping to be back online at home tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.