Thursday, August 03, 2006

Seen in S.E. Kentucky

Life in The Upper South...





One WindowSeen at Corbin, KYCorbin, KYCorbin, KY business district



Coal CarsCoal cars waiting at Corbin
near the business district
StoreCountry store on 229
(before and after)



Highway 229Hwy. 229 between Barbourville
and London, KY

Highway 229Another view of this beautiful
valley along Hwy.229




We left the computer at the shop on Monday afternoon as we drove out of town to spend a few days camping at Cumberland Falls. We got home early enough this afternoon that I could zoom to town to pick up the computer again. I am hoping everything that was broken is fixed and that everything else still works as it should.

I took about 150 photos while we were camping. Southeast Kentucky is beautiful. I have several photos still to post but I promise not to post all of them.

It was terribly hot (heat index of 105-110° daily) so we spent most of the mid-day hours driving some of the "scenic routes" that are marked on the map and visiting air conditioned museums, flea markets, etc. in the area. Isaac found an excellent game store (the
"Game King") in Corbin.

Isaac is anxious to use the computer and I have been monopolizing it, messing around with my photos, so ta-ta for now.

Technorati tags:




2 comments:

Wrkinprogress said...

I don't know if I've ever mentioned how much I love your pictures. You have a gift for finding the extraordinary in the most common of scenes. Thank you for sharing your life with us all. :)

Genevieve Netz said...

Thanks, WIP. It's not really a very exciting life, but I'm fond of it. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.