Thursday, August 24, 2006

Good News

All In The Family... Blogs and Blogging...



Three good reasons to say a prayer of thanksgiving:

  • Dennis arrived home on the evening of Tuesday, August 22 -- a couple of days early! I had about four hours warning before I had to leave for the airport. I didn't have the house as well-cleaned as I had planned, and the yard still isn't completely mowed, but guess what?-- life goes on. I'm thankful he's home safe and sound. So far, he has ate and slept a lot, and he looks like he needs it.
  • KennethF, photoblogger and friend to this blog, is home from surgery and so far, doing well. In an e-mail this evening, he says that he is enjoying the feeling of pain leaving his body. He has an incision on his neck that is glued (not sewed) shut, and he now has three fused vertebrae, but he doesn't have to wear a neck brace, and he may be able to drive a little within a week. I am really thankful that he's doing all right.
  • Keely's 21st birthday is Monday, August 28. When she was a baby, I didn't think I would ever be able to quit smoking. I felt sure that I would die a horrible death of lung cancer before she ever grew up. One day, I fixed a little package and labeled it, "For Keely when she is 21," because I didn't think I'd live to see the day. I did finally quit smoking (twice) and I'm grateful that I'm still here . We're going to open that little package when she comes on Saturday for birthday dinner and cake. I know it has a silver dollar in it and a little note from me, but I don't remember what else.

3 comments:

Trixie said...

Great reports! So glad to read each of them. I look forward to reading what else was in Keely's package.

Wrkinprogress said...

Runaway & I are soooooooo happy for you, Dennis, Keely, and Isaac!!!! We drove past the Hopkinsville exit twice this week and said hi to you both times! Little did we know you were celebrating at the time! Wooohoooo!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad Dennis is back safe and sound! Happy Birthday to Keely! Sounds like a "happy" month. Ricky's birthday was yesterday. Double nickles. Sammie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.