Thursday, August 24, 2006

Morning in Downtown Hopkinsville

Life in Christian County, Kentucky...



Main Street between 7th and 9th


The old buildings of downtown Hopkinsville were looking good this August morning. Or maybe it was the sunshine of a cooler, less humid morning that looked good. I know it certainly felt good!

Many of the buildings along Main Street near the courthouse (above) are used as lawyers' offices. A few banks still have offices in the downtown area.

The Cherokee building (below, with red band at top) is some kind of professional office (I forget just what, might be accountants?) and the darker brick building beside it has been converted to apartments.

West 9th Street just above Little River


Technorati tags:



2 comments:

Lené Gary said...

It looks like a sweet town. I sent my father the link to see if it stirs any memories from his childhood. Thanks, again, for letting me know about your photos. :)

Genevieve Netz said...

Thanks, lené. Like most towns, Hopkinsville has some areas that aren't as sweet as what you see here. Right or wrong, I choose not to bring that to my blog on a regular basis. The theme here is "A Cheerful Ramble", and I try to keep things fairly light. I do my serious arguing on a couple of forums.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.