And What I Think About It...
1. The receptionist has perfect, dazzling white teeth.
2. As I wait, traumatized survivors emerge.
3. The drill's whine is heard throughout the building.
4. My shoes are on exhibit when I sit in the dentist chair.
5. The dentist calls me and everyone else "Dear".
6. They ask me questions with their hands in my mouth.
7. My death grip on the chair arms is tiring.
8. They spray ice water on fillings that aren't numb.
9. They want me to open just a little wider.
10. I don't speak clearly when my tongue is 2 inches thick.
11. I really don't want another appointment.
12. They want money (and plenty of it!) for this torture.