Life in Christian County, Kentucky...
See also Tornado Damage at Crofton, KY, Tonight posted on 2/5/08.
Here is a Public Information Statement from the National Weather Service, as published on Weather Underground for Hopkinsville, KY:
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:30 PM CDT on April 3, 2006
... Damage survey results for the Christian County Kentucky tornado...
The following is the preliminary damage assessment for a portion of the tornado track in Christian County Kentucky. Special note: this tornado track is only a segment of the tornado that affected parts of Christian County on the north section of Hopkinsville.
* Event date: Sunday April 2, 2006.
* Event time: approximately 845 PM CDT.
* Event type: F3 tornado.
* Event location: tornado began north of Gracey along the Gracey Sinking [Fork] Road near Shurdan Creek. The storm was tracked in an eastward direction crossing Highway 1349 near Shurdan Creek... Princeton Road near intersection of Everetts Road... and to Highway 109 near Muddy Fork Creek.
* Peak wind: estimated 180 mph.
* Average path width: 700 yards.
* Path length: 10 miles... rest of path will be reviewed tomorrow.
* Injuries: 22.
* Fatalities: none.
* Discussion/damage: storm track is a continuous path. At least 6 homes totally destroyed. Scores of homes received various degrees of damage. Literally hundreds of trees downed... snapped or uprooted. This is a preliminary report with further damage assessment to be conducted tomorrow, April 4th.