Thursday, May 11, 2006

Stormy Weather

Life in Christian County, Kentucky...



The weather has been odd all day. A cold air mass has been moving in, and as the front advances, numerous squalls have swept through Christian County.

I drove through heavy rain when I took Isaac to school. Twenty minutes later, the sun was shining. I went in WalMart and bought some cat food, and when I came back out, it was raining again. And so it continued all day.

This afternoon about 6:00 p.m., some of the most threatening clouds of the day passed over with great blasts of rain and wind. Afterwards, the sun came out and shone brightly for a while. A hint of a rainbow appeared over Hopkinsville.

Storm in Hopkinsville
Just before the rain
Storm in Hopkinsville
After the squall

I started a little fire in the woodstove after we got home from Scouts this evening. It's supposed to drop down to 45° tonight. The weather report says that temperatures will be in the mid-40's for the next two nights as well.

Now I don't feel so bad about not having my garden all planted. It's still a bit chilly for peppers and tomatoes to really flourish anyway.

Technorati tags:

4 comments:

Sarabeth said...

The photos are great. Do you just drive and walk around with a camera in your pocket all the time?

Genevieve Netz said...

Well, actually yes. I try to carry it with me all the time, plus spare batteries. It makes my purse a little heavy.

I have carried a camera for years. I got in the habit when we lived in Bolivia in the early 80's. I like being a tourist wherever I am. ;)

Robin said...

Wow...I love the photos. We've been having rain up here too in Indiana--lots of it. It feels like February. Nanny (in Kentucky) said she hasn't had much of a chance to get to her flowers this week. Is that the McDonald's on North Drive? It looks like the Hopkinsville Milling company in the background. Or is it the one on Fort Campbell Boulevard? Anyway...love the photos.

Genevieve Netz said...

One is taken from the Skyline Shopping Center parking lot and the other is from the old Walmart/now Big Lots parking lot. Both are on Fort Campbell Boulevard. The grain elevators are the ones along the railroad tracks on Skyline Drive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.