Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Waterline Digger

The Rural Life...



Oh happy day! The plumbers are installing the waterline today. They've already dug 2/3 of the way across the pasture, so they must not yet have run into rock. I am thankful. Perhaps we'll have running water again by the end of the week! I am pinning my hopes on "Water by Saturday" and perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised.

UPDATE:

Water is flowing through our faucets again. I can't believe they dug it in and hooked it up so quickly. The ditch can't be closed until the plumbing inspector comes, but we have running water again. I am so thankful. And now, to start on the laundry...


Waterline being dug

Technorati tags:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Gene,

Our water comes from wells drilled on an island in the middle of the Ohio River called Neville; just down the valley. There is a aquifer running like another river under the mighty Ohio that supplies our most thankful supply!

I'm glad your not under that extra strain any more.

Sincerely, KennethF ~(:-_))-kfh

Genevieve Netz said...

I am very grateful to have the water working as it should.

The yard is a mess where that pipe came through. They've heaped big ridges of dirt back on top of the ditch and I guess it's supposed to settle over time. It doesn't bother me a bit unless I look at it. :D

My neighbor probably feels the same way about his pasture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.