Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sleeping It Off

All In The Family...



SleepingI have a terrible cold. I began coming down with it on Monday, and on Tuesday, I became really sick. It's been several years since I've had a bad cold like this.

Today, I have given up. I've spent the entire day sleeping on the sofa, just waking enough to swig down some pills a few times. I could easily go back to sleep again, and I will probably do so before long.

I usually don't sleep more than I must, but in the last 24 hours, I think I've slept at least 18. Every time I close my eyes, a few more hours are gone. It is odd for me to sleep so much.

I guess all this sleep is helping because I was running a fever yesterday but I'm not running one this evening.

I don't feel well at all and I certainly don't enjoy the coughing and snuffling, but I can't deny that it's a luxury to set everything aside and sleep until I can sleep no more. I should try that sometime when I'm not sick!

Technorati tags:



2 comments:

Sarabeth said...

Enjoy the sleep; it is restorative. May you get back to your well self soon!

Genevieve Netz said...

Thanks, Sarabeth. I am feeling a little better and I don't think it is going to become the bronchial event I feared it might.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.