Friday, April 13, 2007

Why So Sleepy?

All In The Family...



I am so deadened by this cold that the only thing that really interests me is sleeping as much as possible. This week has gone by in a blur. I missed Tuesday completely -- or was it Wednesday?

Where is this endless capacity for sleep coming from, I wonder. Is it the direct effect of the cold? Or is it because coffee hasn't been tasting as good as usual and I haven't been drinking my usual quota?

I've been taking Coricidin HBP which is the only over-the-counter cold medicine I found that didn't say "Consult your doctor before using if you have high blood pressure."

The box cautions that "excitability may occur." (I don't think so!)

And reading on, what's this? -- "marked drowsiness may occur."

Aha. I suppose that answers the question.

Related:
The Common Cold: Relief but No Cure
Traditional Chinese Medicine Remedies for Cold and Flu
Treating the Common Cold

Technorati Technorati tags:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.